We’d like to thank our participants, volunteers, and
coordinators alike who helped make our 2015 Race
such a great success! We could not have hosted
this wonderful event without you!
2015 Race Day Info
If you are participating, volunteering or spectating, please see the provided
Event Map and Course Map below!
Date: Sunday, May 17, 2015
Time: 8:30 am Kids Fun Run, 8:45 am 5K Run/Walk
Place: Great Falls Village Center, 750 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066
USATF Certified Course: click here to view map
Fees: $30/5k, $10/Fun Run (12 and under) reserved by March 31
$35/5k, $15/Fun Run (12 and under) reserved by May 16
$40/5k, $20/Fun Run (12 and under) day of race
THE TEAM CHALLENGE
Compete to win "Largest Team", "Biggest Fundraiser" or "Fastest Team." A minimum
of five runners are required to form a team. For "Fastest Team", the fastest three
times of each team will be counted. There must be at least one male and one
female on each team to score.)
KIDS FUN RUN
The Kids Fun Run is a one-mile event for children 12 years of age and under. Every child who finishes the run receives a commemorative ribbon.
ALL NEW CATEGORY FOR 2015: VIRTUAL RUNNER
Not able to travel or attend the Joe Cassella 5k this year? We can come to you! Register as a Virtual Runner by April 17, 2015. No exceptions. Packets will be mailed out to each virtual runner the week of the event and will include a bib number and T-shirt.
Fees: $45/5k, $25/Fun Run (12 and under)
All children 12 and under running the Fun Run will also receive a ribbon for their participation.
Each Virtual Runner must run a 5k course of their choice (not necessarily a race), preferably on the same day as the actual event (May 17) or prior. Kids 12 and under can choose to do any distance. Times must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, May 20 at Midnight.
There are no age group categories. Children are not required to submit their time. Virtual results will be posted and the top three finishers will receive awards. Should you have any questions regarding the Virtual Runner category, email Jodi at the email@example.com
LATE REGISTRATION & PACKET PICK-UP
• Friday, May 15, 2015 from 2 pm to 6 pm at Potomac River Running
located at 11911 Democracy Dr., Reston, VA 20190
• Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 10 am to 3:00 pm at Elite Fitness Concepts
located at 10123 Colvin Run Rd, Great Falls, VA 22066.
• Sunday, May 17, 2015 from 6:45 am to 8 am at the Great Falls Village Center
located at 750 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066.
RACE DAY REMINDERS
• We encourage participants to carpool to the race. Please follow the directional “event parking” signs guiding you to park at the Great Falls Village Center, Village Green Day School, Great Falls Shopping Center (where Safeway is located), etc.
• Give yourself plenty of time to park, pick up your packet, bib and timing chip before 8 a.m.
• The kids fun run starts at 8:30 a.m. and the 5K run/walk starts at 8:45 a.m. at the start line under the balloon arch.
• Walkers and those with strollers are asked to line up behind the pack.
Top 3 male and female finishers overall and Top Male and Female finishers in each age group:
14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Race proceeds will benefit the Joe Cassella Foundation to provide financial assistance for medical expenses to families of children who are ill in the Washington DC Metro area.
The Joe Casella Foundation will host a post-race celebration party for all race participants at the Great Falls Village Center immediately after the race. There will be food, music, entertainment for kids and giveaways.